So many non-Jews read this wonderful verse and conclude that it’s time to start caring more for Israel. This verse is often quoted and many know it by heart, so here are three things to know about Genesis 12:3.
- I will bless those that bless you – God promises great reward for those who bless, support and assist the Jewish People. Thankfully, in our generation, there are millions upon millions of Christian Zionists who are inspired to stand with Israel in obedience to this verse. There are many ways to bless Israel. In peaceful times, an easy way to start is by praying for the peace of Jerusalem each day, sharing your love for Israel with others, and finding ways to support the miraculous restoration of the People of Israel in the Land of Israel.
But Israel needs your support now more than ever! In these trying times, we must rally behind Israel in her pursuit of peace, security, and justice. Here are some things you can do to help Israel in its war against Hamas:
- Arrange a prayer rally for the more than 200 Israeli hostages being held in captivity.
- Call your local politicians and insist that they stand with Israel.
- Post pro-Israel messaging on social media.
- Send financial assistance to the soldiers on the front lines in the war against evil and to the families whose loved ones have been murdered by terrorists.
- Call out news outlets and reporters for their anti-Israel biases and spreading lies about Israel.
If you stand with Israel, God promises to bless you!
- I will curse those that curse you – The second clause of this verse is equally important and a cursory look at those who have cursed Israel proves the veracity of this verse throughout history. One need not be religious to see that from the Philistines, Assyrians and Babylonians to the Romans, Crusaders, and the Nazis, God has repeatedly demonstrated that those nations that persecute the Jews will ultimately experience devastation. We are certain that Hamas and Hezbollah will meet the same fate.
Anyone concerned about their country’s future must ask, does my government stand with or against Israel?
- All the families of the earth shall bless themselves by you – While God certainly loves Abraham, He doesn’t promise that Abraham or his family will benefit from this blessing, rather, the nations of the world are to be the true beneficiaries. There is nothing in ancient literature as generous as this. Unlike any other religious community, Israel emerged with a great sense of responsibility to the entire world. Once the world recognizes that instead of condemning or criticizing Israel, they have so much to gain by supporting and assisting the Jewish State, they will start to see the blessings flow like a river!
We pray for the time that all nations of the world will recognize God and bless the Jewish people. We eagerly await the day when “they shall beat their swords into plowshares and their spears into pruning hooks: nation shall not take up sword against nation; they shall never again know war” (Isaiah 2:4). May God’s blessings flow through the world like water as nations come together to support and uplift the Jewish State, fostering peace, prosperity and a brighter future.