About The Israel Bible
The Land of Israel is the most central aspect of the Bible with references to the land appearing on nearly every page, as featured in The Israel Bible and TheIsraelBible.com.
The Israel Bible is the world’s first Bible to highlight the Land of Israel, the People of Israel, and the unique relationship between them. The Israel Bible provides an original commentary which seeks to explain God’s focus on the Land of Israel. In doing so, our commentary features comments pertaining to the Land of Israel, the People of Israel and the language of Israel.
The Israel Bible offers the following features:
- Full text of the Tanakh in English and Hebrew. The English text is based on the 1917 JPS English translation, which has been preferred by individual Jews and synagogues for nearly one hundred years. The Israel Bible follows the traditional Jewish ordering of the books and the customary Hebrew division of chapters.
- Unique commentary on Tanakh focused on the Land of Israel, the People of Israel and the Hebrew language.
- Transliteration of select Hebrew verses, most of which focus on the Land of Israel, so that they can be read by everyone in the original Hebrew.
- Proper Hebrew pronunciation of key biblical names and places in order to stay as authentic as possible to the Biblical Hebrew text.
In addition to the contents of The Israel Bible, TheIsraelBible.com also offers the following features:
- Search The Israel Bible for words and phrases
- Study the weekly Torah portion with The Israel Bible Reading Plan
- Register for a personalized daily reading plan of each of the books of Tanakh
- Video courses on each of the books of the Tanakh (Coming Soon)
- Maps, charts and related resources for an enhanced learning experience
The Israel Bible is the flagship publishing project of Teach for Israel, a US based non-profit organization aimed at promoting the biblical significance of the Land of Israel. Teach for Israel was formed in 2011 by Rabbi Naphtali “Tuly” Weisz, an Orthodox rabbi who served for five years at the Beth Jacob Congregation in Columbus, Ohio before moving to Israel. Rabbi Weisz serves as the director of Israel365 and the publisher of Breaking Israel News in addition to his role as the managing editor of The Israel Bible, whose original commentary was researched and written by leading rabbis and Jewish Bible scholars in Israel.
Never before has the Land of Israel been at the forefront of the world’s attention as it is in our generation. Efforts to vilify the Jewish State seem to expand every day across the globe, as does the growing movement of Biblical Zionists who stand with the nation of Israel as an expression of their commitment to God’s word. As we seek to understand the clash of these two worldviews and look to make sense of the modern world’s obsession with Israel, the need for The Israel Bible has never been as important as it is today.
From the land which has always served as the home for the Bible, it is our fervent prayer that the Almighty bless our efforts to inspire the hearts, minds and actions of our readers. Standing on the great shoulders of those who came before us, may The Israel Bible be a small contribution in bringing about the final redemption of Israel and the world.